Catching the fleeting scenes of many splendored life
'Look closely. The beautiful may be small' — Kant

4 May 2013

Volare. Birds In Flight

Flying free.

Little Egret (Egretta garzetta garzetta) in flight. (© LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

Airborne.

Mediterranean gull (Ichthyaetus melanocephalus) in flight. (by-nc-nd)

Mediterranean gull (Ichthyaetus melanocephalus) flying over the water
(© LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

Mediterranean gull (Ichthyaetus melanocephalus) with a piece of bread in the beak. (by-nc-nd)
Landing.

Mediterranean gull (Ichthyaetus melanocephalus) about to land
(© LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

Mallard duck male landing on the water. (by-nc-nd)

2 comments:

  1. Magnificent pictures, as usual. I just love the first one, and the last one. It makes me wonder how many pictures you've "wasted" to get the mallard with his landing gear down, at impact. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, especially for mentioning the "wasted" pictures -- I did take a load of pictures before I managed to capture the landing. Still, I'm not quite satisfied with the picture, so I'll keep trying.

      Delete

Speak out, I'm listening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...