Catching the fleeting scenes of many splendored life
'Look closely. The beautiful may be small' — Kant

9 November 2011

Birds. Pigeon and Dove.

Leonardo Da Vinci was quoted as saying that birds and horses were the most beautiful creatures on Earth. I think the same as Leonardo.
This is one of the competition pigeons that have settled in the nearby coppice together with a flock of lay homers.

Competition pigeon
Competition pigeon.
(© 2011 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)


And this cute turtle dove is looking reproachfully at me, trying to shame me into giving him some grain. If this fails, he/she will either repeatedly batter the windowpanes or demonstratively peck my flowers to blackmail me. Usually, both strategies work.

Turtle dove
Turtle dove.
(© 2011 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

2 comments:

  1. Your turtledove picture is just amazing. Great composition, great lighting, and just a fine picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot. It took me quite some time to make these rascals pose.

    ReplyDelete

Speak out, I'm listening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...