Catching the fleeting scenes of many splendored life
'Look closely. The beautiful may be small' — Kant

18 October 2012

White Ducks, Mallard Duckling and a random Coot

Swimming into darkness.
'Sorry, no bread, no posing — that's how it works.'

Domestic duck swimming on dark water
(© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

'Are you done? 'Cause I'm going to have a dip.'

Domestic duck portrait. (© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

'I think I look better from this angle.'

Domestic duck and Muscovy duck hybrid portrait
(© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

I stretched out my hand to give this guy a piece of bread and he nearly bit my finger off.
'What's this weird thing with a big eye you're pointing at me?'

Curious white duck. (by-nc-nd)

Stretching the wings.

Domestic duck hybrid flapping its wings
(© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

'So is there gonna be any bread or I'm wasting my time?'

Muscovy duck and white duck hybrid. (© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

'I'm having a snooze and you should follow suit.'

Resting domestic duck. (© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

'I still haven't figured out what both of us are doing here.'

Young white duck and muscovy duck hybrid
(© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

'My mum is around, you know. Don't say I didn't warn you.'

Resting mallard duckling. (© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

'Obviously I'm not a duck, but since I was passing by and spotted some bread...'

Eurasian Coot (Fulica atra). (© 2012 LightColourShade. All rights reserved)

2 comments:

  1. We have had wild ducks on our little pond through the years. One year they bred, and for a few days we had ducklings on the pond, but they disappeared (apparently the turtles ate them). Now we have some back, and it's wonderful to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully over here turtles don't eat ducklings or other chicks, or so it seems. The fish look more likely to do so judging by their size and behaviour, although I've never seen a fish attacking a duckling. Anyway, now we have some visiting egrets and grey herons that prey on fish, so there is a sort of balance I guess.

      Delete

Speak out, I'm listening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...